Monday, December 3, 2012

Review: Shadow Man by Tara Fox Hall

 
 

A renegade vampire begins amassing a flock of true believers, threatening America’s vampire hierarchy. Weresnake Lash partners with old enemy Danial and new allies Burl and Spiderboy to track down and annihilate them. Betrayed and left for dead, Lash reemerges the victor, edging ever upward in the Assassin’s Ranking, and catching the eye of the sultry nightclub singer Cassandra Nile. Drawn into drugs by Cassie, Lash begins to doubt himself, yearning to leave his life of violence, even as enemies close in from every side. When catastrophe strikes again, and Hill House is destroyed, Lash flees north to Devlin, again pledging service to a Vampire Ruler in return for both safety and revenge. Horrifically injured saving Devlin’s life, Lash is granted a potion to tremendously slow his aging, along with an evil request. Healed yet disheartened, Lash returns to his old friend Jasmine, who urges him to take Devlin’s offer.
 
My Review:
 
This was quite a different read for me.  It was very dark, following the actual creation of a serial killer.  I really enjoyed the read, but I must forewarn that this is first a horror and suspense novel and not for the faint of heart.  I enjoy reading books of all kinds.  Just coming into the series, I didn't have a problem keeping up or following, though I must confess I really want to go back and read the first book.  I was able to form an attachment to Lash, even though was an absolute lovable evil :), he retained characteristics that made him seem so human. This had a cast of great characters and a completely riveting storyline.  I look forward to backtracking and reading more books from this author!
 
 

2 comments:

Tara Fox Hall said...

Thank you so much for having me at your blog, and for the wonderful review, Nikki! :) I've never been rated in Spiders before, but I love them in real life, so its a treat! I hope you enjoy Lash just as much as the second book. Happy holidays! :)

Jenny Twist said...

Hi Nikki
You must read Lash. He's so much nicer in the first book. I loved both books and can't wait for the next.

Love
Jenny
xxx

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text